Hylas Collection / Relentless
2012 Hylas 56 For Sale
The owners of Relentless took the necessary time to make both functional and aesthetic choices when they built her. Their efforts yielded one of the best Hylas 56’s built to date. The customization and upgrade list on Relentless make her a top choice in this very competitive market.
This Hylas 56 has an upgraded winch package and high quality Doyle sails, a teak deck, a 9kw Northern Lights generator and B&G electronics as well as interior choices that go beyond most boats in this class. Her owners did not stop improving her after she was built as evidenced by her new Awl Grip paint job and many upgrades.
Delivered in 2012 Relentless is one of an ever growing fleet of Hylas 56’s on the US West Coast. Hylas Yachts have been enjoyed all over the planet for decades and now because of boats like Relentless, Pacific sailors are enjoying the benefits that these semi custom yachts offer. There are many choices in the high quality sailing yacht market but few companies give owners as much freedom as Queen Long marine does. The owners of Relentless specified their build to be powerful yet easy to handle. They wanted a boat that could take them to the sometimes further ports on the North American West Coast but that could also be sailed on the sometimes-blustery San Francisco Bay. Relentless fills both of these roles remarkably well.
56 ft 4 in
15 ft 10 in
7 ft 6 in
2012 Hylas 56VESSEL NAME: Relentless
LOCATION: San Francisco, California
BUILDER: Queen Long Marine
DESIGNER: German Frers
PRICE: Please Inquire
MEASUREMENTSLOA: 56 ft 4 in
BEAM: 15 ft 10 in
LWL: 50 ft 5 in
MAXIMUM DRAFT: 6 ft 4 in Deep Keel
DISPLACEMENT: 50,200 lbs Dry Weight
DOUBLE BERTHS: 2
SINGLE BERTHS: 3
Single Diesel / Direct Drive
TANKSFuel: 275 Gallons
Fresh Water: 280 Gallons
Holding: 27 Gallons
2012 Hylas 56
The trend towards raised salon center cockpit boats is one that makes sense to liveaboard sailors. Relentless has a large cockpit with a single helm. Going forward or aft to handle lines or sails while cruising is done with ease. Grab points are plentiful on Relentless, whether it is stepping out of the cockpit to grab the extended pushpit or going forward to open the large sail locker. These features and the comfort provided by the easy access to the interior have helped make the Hylas 56 a great success.
Hull & Deck
Relentless also shines while at rest. Her scoop transom steps make for a great dive platform and open to reveal a large storage area. Her tender is launched from electric Simpson davits and make going ashore or exploring easy. The owners of Relentless had custom cushions and canvas made that make this already elegant yacht feel even more luxurious. The next owners of Relentless will enjoy all of her options and upgrades as much as her first owners have.
Salon & Galley
Going below one is immediately struck by how bright Relentless is. Her light teak bulkheads, custom interior upholstery and granite counters all contribute to inviting feeling owners and guests have when below. The large salon windows brighten the main living space and help showcase the excellent joinery and raised panel cabinets. Relentless is as beautiful a yacht below as any Hylas 56 built.
A three-cabin two-head layout is ideal for owners to entertain guests or have family onboard for longer periods. Relentless has a large master cabin aft made possible by the center cockpit design. This well appointed cabin has an ensuite head with a comfortable stall shower. The forward cabins share the forward head when all of the cabins are occupied. However the VIP forward has private access as well. Hylas 56’s are built with many arrangements but Relentless has the most versatile. The cabins are all enhanced with custom choices that make Relentless an excellent choice for discerning yachtsmen and women.
Relentless / 2012 Hylas 56
Specs & Details
Hull & Deck
- Awlgrip Flag Blue hull with white cove stripe (refreshed in 2016); teak decks and coach roof with teak cockpit sole.
- Custom teak cap-rail and full length teak rub rail with stainless striker.
- Special order cockpit teak planking for seats and Mediterranean 4921 Sunbrella cockpit cushions.
- Upgraded stainless steel pushpit with integral teak stern seats; custom fitted life raft cradle; and the pushpit was fully extended to the mid-ship gates for safety.
- Optional electric Antal primary and secondary winches; and Antal electric mainsheet and cockpit winches, as well as an upgraded Harken traveler and Antal electric powered traveler line driver. (The winches alone represent over $25K in upgrades.)
- Custom Whitlock steering pedestal with integral Mamba steering system connected to the Whitlock DU120 autopilot drive. Custom leathered wheel.
- Cockpit safety pad eyes – one pair forward near companionway, one at helm.
- Custom cockpit under table lights.
- Simpson 250 Tall, electric davits with factory Dyneema retrofit Gearboxes installed; custom stainless steel bases installed at the factory.
- Maxwell VWC 2200 Windlass; fresh water chain wash-down connections in anchor locker.
- Maxwell chain counter -starboard side of steering pedestal for remote operation.
- Customized sail locker hatch forward.
- Dual satellite antenna dome mounting pole, aft
- Additional mid-ship mooring cleats port and starboard; additional mooring cleats aft corners.
- Full Custom Dodger and Bimini; full length, suspended custom-heavy duty boat cover; winch and hatch covers.
- Selden Electric In-Mast furling system with Rodkicker compression vang.
- Internal Boom Preventer.
- Halyard locking racks.
- Furlex 400 headsail furler with furling lines led safely aft to cockpit.
- Selden Carbon spinnaker pole and vertical stowage system.
- Spreader mounted deck lights.
- Harken Stand-up blocks for spinnaker sheets, aft.
- Upgraded Genoa turning blocks: Antal 150mm, XXL Double Deck blocks.
- Dyneema “soft” running backstays
- Dual jib halyards; dual spinnaker halyards.
- LED Steaming Light and Running Lights.
- Doyle Carbon vertical batten Mainsail; Doyle Vectran Genoa; Doyle 1.5 oz. and Doyle ¾ oz. asymmetrical spinnakers.
- Genoa upgraded in 2015, (less than 1000 miles on this sail).
- Port side “L” shaped seating around the custom designed compass rose and ebony inlayed Dining table with an Italian designed base. Seating expanded to 29” depth and covered with Ultra Leather HP 3455 Milkweed fabric.
- Air conditioning vent set between outboard cabinets, and custom fiddle added at cabinet base.
- Full length starboard settee, with expanded 29″ depth and custom Kravet Soleil #25763-1114 Terry Chenille fabric cushions. Starboard settee pulls out for sleeping.
- Starboard side overhead pad eyes for lee cloths.
- Two folding single benches with Kravet Soleil #25794-5 Tropical Navy seat covers.
- Continuous raised handrails port and starboard for safety.
- Toshiba 55” Flat screen TV, bulkhead mounted.
- Tall, pole storage locker in front of mast.
- Full access to storage both behind, and below settee seat cushions
- Modified return divider at Nav station.
- European style headliner with wide edge battens.
- Additional a/c outlets added at factory.
- Force 10 three burner stove aft with a GE PSA1201 stainless steel trim Microwave oven above.
- Vitrifrigo DW210 Double Drawer SS Refrigeration below the counter forward.
- Frigoboat Freezer with side latched access.
- U-Line Ice Maker with stainless face at forward end of galley.
- Broan Elite 15 stainless steel trash compactor below the ice maker.
- Custom installed La Marzocco GS/3 espresso machine, the finest singe group espresso machine on the planet.
- Mazzer Luigi , mini-electronic Espresso Grinder in custom roll-top cabinet.
- Two galley opening ports outboard, and two extra opening ports to cockpit for cross ventilation.
- Raised panel cabinets, with owner designed drawer layout.
- Double routed teak fiddles along galley island for accent.
- Single, deep stainless steel sink and imported faucet, with bright LED lighting above.
- Queen Long trademark knife storage at forward end of galley counter.
- Fresh and Salt Water Foot pumps.
- Custom Hylas “L shape” with opening computer compartment aft, and bi-fold outboard facing chart table top.
- Hinged instrument panel for drop down access to electronics.
- Deep drawers with lower filing cabinet.
- Custom swing out chair design with rounded seat back and special HP 1256 Papyrus fabric.
- Electrical panel at aft end of chart desk has cut away underneath to allow for chart space.
- Gen-set controls are thoughtfully mounted on the forward edge within easy reach and clear of the hinged instrument panel.
- Ample extra 110AC outlets in cabinet and computer compartment; fan over Nav station desk.
- Center Island outboard section on port side of sink has stainless steel work area hidden by custom teak cover.
Master Cabin & Head
- Centerline queen berth with Custom Memory Foam mattress and mattress fiddles; elegantly curved, six drawer teak berth base.
- Starboard side settee with custom cabinet layout and flush mount air conditioning vent.
- Starboard hanging locker was redesigned with five drawers and fiddle at top.
- Portside hanging locker has split cabinet doors and a fiddle above the locker.
- There is a portside Vanity Cabinet and a stereo volume control aft.
- Large aft hatch has a teak trimmed Ocean Air screen and shade.
- A 32” Panasonic flat screen TV mounted on the forward bulkhead.
- Two teak handrails were added to headliner at the forward end of berth for safety.
- Six (6) lee cloth pad eyes are fastened on the headliner above the berth.
- The spacious head aft has a teak and ebony sole and mirrored cabinets.
- Custom fit sink, imported faucets and Granite RDG20 black counter.
- Quiet Flush electric head, with holding tank monitor and Sealand discharge pump.
- Large shower with imported fixtures and clear Lexan door.
- A full mirror is mounted outside of the owner’s head door.
- The Splendide 2100 Vented Washer Dryer is cabinet mounted in the shower and vents to deck.
Guest Cabins & Head
Forward Cabin and Head Details
- Center line queen berth with split cabinets underneath and mattress fiddle.
- Headboard covered with padded Kravet Soleil #27085-16 custom fabric.
- Bulkhead mounted Samsung 21” TV
- Centerline hatch has a teak trimmed Ocean Air screen and shade.
- Starboard Hanging Locker with settee; port side upper cabinet with shelf.
- Full length mirror on passage door.
- Forward head sole is teak and ebony.
- Quiet Flush electric head, with holding tank monitor and Sealand discharge pump.
- Custom fit sink and imported shower faucets on RDG 20 black granite counter.
- Beveled edge cabinet mirrors.
- Clear Lexan shower stall door
Portside Guest Cabin Features
- Upper and lower berths. Lower lifts for storage.
- Upper and lower cedar lined hanging lockers forward, with removable shelves.
- Mirror at aft end of Cabin
- Premium B&G H3000 navigation system – 42” carbon fiber Vertical Mast Head Unit (VHMU) and NKE sonic boat speed sensor. B&G ZG-GPS receiver and backup Airmar WAAS GPS.
- B&G H3000 ACP2 autopilot computer.
- B&G Halcyon Gyro stabilized heading sensor.
- Four B&G 20/20 displays and a Triton color wind display over companionway.
- B&G H3000 MFD Graphic and Autopilot control-displays at helm.
- Wireless B&G autopilot controller.
- B&G Zeus 12” color displays at helm and Nav station – networked to mast mounted 4Kw radar.
- Premium KVH V-250 data and voice satellite system.
- KVH Track Vision satellite TV receiver for Direct TV unit.
- ICom M604 DSC VHF radio with Command Mic at helm.
- Navico Class-B AIS, networked to the Zeus 12” displays.
- Dell XPS computer with Expedition navigation software and H-link to B&G instruments.
- GOST security and tracking system.
- ACR EPIRB
- Northern Lights 9KW Gen set with sounds shield; Lifeline AGM starting battery.
- 15KvA isolation transformer with cooling fans.
- 125/250V-50 Amp shore power connection.
- Mastervolt Mass-Combi 12/4000 watt inverter/200 amp charger, and a Mastervolt 12-50-amp charger networked with a main battery bank monitor and MasterView control-display.
- Lifeline AGM house batteries. Four in aft bank; two forward. Separate thruster battery.
- Dive compressor with dedicated AC electrical connections aft.
- 150 HP Yanmar turbo charged BY engine with Kanzaki transmission; NMEA 2000 data connections; Lifeline AGM starting battery. Dual Raycor 75500 engine filtration; and full manifold fuel tank selection for engine and gen set.
- Mastervolt 130A PTO mounted alternator.
- Xintex Fire-Boy HFC-227 EA fire extinguisher system. Cockpit and Nav station monitors.
- SensoTex fuel and water tank gauges at Nav Station.
- Cruise-Air reverse cycle air conditioning and heating system with three compressor units (12K BTU fwd. cabin, 16K BTU main saloon, 16K BTU aft stateroom) and updated digital controls.
- Spectra Newport 1000 watermaker with Nav Station remote; manifold for output tank selection.
- Dual Shurflo house fresh water pressure pumps with tank selection manifold.
- Seward 19-Gal hot water tank-120VAC and engine heat exchanger.
- Whale galley gray water discharge system.
- Groco Bronze seacocks with threaded thru-hull valves throughout.
- Sidepower 155 KGS bow thruster.
- PYI 4-Blade MAX Prop with shaft mounted Spur Cutter.