Hylas Collection / Archangel
2011 Hylas 70 For Sale
Archangel is a 2011 Hylas 70 that has received professional attention and care since new. A fulltime captain has managed and sailed this fine yacht for her only owner and his expertise is showcased in every area of Archangel. When stepping aboard Archangel it is easy for guests to mistake her as new boat. The decks and cockpit are clean and show little signs of wear. The teak interior is in top condition and it is clear that during build her owner carefully planned a functional layout.
69 ft 7 in
7 ft 6 in
2011 Hylas 70VESSEL NAME: Archangel
BUILDER: Queen Long Marine
DESIGNER: German Frers
PRICE: Please Inquire
MEASUREMENTSLOA: 69 ft 7 in
BEAM: 18 ft
LWL: 61 ft 7 in
MIN DRAFT: 7 ft 6 in
DISPLACEMENT: 84,175 lbs
BALLAST: 28,980 lbs
DOUBLE BERTHS: 3
SIGNLE BERTHS: 2
Single Diesel / Direct Drive
TANKSFuel: 700 Gallons
Fresh Water: 390 Gallons
2011 Hylas 70
The Hylas 70 is perfect blend of functionality and comfort. She is a powerful boat that can be easily reefed. She has a cockpit that is comfortable for relaxing on the hook but also safe for long passages. The wide side decks allow for easy movement going forward to access the sail locker, or aft to the large lazerettes. All Hylas Yachts are built with both comfort and functionality in mind. However the Hylas 70, because of her size, best realizes these ideals.
A large center cockpit and twin helms are hallmarks of this Frers design. In keeping with Hylas tradition the cockpit is comfortable, safe and provides exceptional visibility for a boat this size. Guests will experience the benefit of a scoop transom with steps; great for loading supplies from a tender, or a quick swim on a perfect Caribbean day. The positions of the helms and winches along with her powerful rig make the Hylas 70 the ideal choice for those who truly enjoy he magic of sailing.
The four-cabin, three head design with a very comfortable salon, large galley and independent navigation station make Arch Angel an ideal cruising yacht. Her teak interior and light colored fabrics enhance her custom layout and give all aboard the feeling of luxury and comfort. This Hylas 70 highlights the exceptional workmanship of Queen Long Marine.
Going beyond her expansive living quarters reveal a yacht that has easily accessible systems. A key to enjoying a long holiday or passage is the ability to quickly remedy any system issue. All Hylas Yachts are built with this in mind. The companionway steps open, allowing access to the filters and the front of the engine. Every tank can be viewed within minutes and through hulls are located in easy to reach spaces. Safe and comfortable, Arch Angel is one of the finest Hylas 70’s ever constructed.
Archangel’s four-cabin layout is ideal for a family with a captain and crew or an experienced liveaboard cruising couple. This Hylas 70 is easy to handle but has the versatility to operate in her current configuration with a captain. Archangel is a proven captain charter vessel that greatly offsets the cost of ownership should her new owners decide to continue down with this usage plan.
The Hylas 70 is a perfect size for people who want to experience the comforts and amenities of super yachting without the costs or the hassle of a large crew. Archangel has a full suite of customizations that help to keep guests entertained and comfortable. Her systems allow for long trouble free passages and invite extended time on board. Archangel is prepared for her next adventure, whatever it may be.
Archangel / 2011 Hylas 70
Specs & Details
Hull & Deck
American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) Standards for Hull & Deck design. The hull is solid hand laid up FRP glass using Vinylester resins and Isophthalic white gel coat, with Twaron carbon aramid fiber reinforcement. Five (5) year GRP hull warranty. Shoal draft bulb keel design. Two epoxy barrier coats below the water line for maximum protection, followed by Micro CSC bottom paint. Balanced spade rudder with partial skeg for optimal performance, strength and protection. Rudder bottom plane is above the keel plane for grounding safety.
GRP (fiberglass) deck construction with 3/4″ sandwich Balsa core with molded light grey non skid and wider companionway. Solid GRP fiberglass located where deck, deck fittings and stress areas are located. Teak on cockpit seats and sole. Hull to deck joined with 3M 5200 and S/S bolts. Watertight collision bulkhead forward with independent overboard drainage. Watertight stern bulkhead across aft lazarettes. Sail locker forward with separate divided anchor locker. Transom steps and swim platform; stern garage with dedicated Rule auto bilge pump. Large aft deck lazarettes, port and starboard with dual Bailey latches for watertight seal.
Two of the many standout features of ARCHANGEL are the twin wheel arrangement aft of the spacious cockpit with direct walk in deck access, and transom garage with steps to the swim platform.
- Teak toerail
- Teak rubrail with solid striker plate
- Enlarged stern garage, with Bailey latches
- Maxwell 4000 hydraulic windlass
- Lewmar 250kfg electric bow thruster
- Stainless thruster guards installed for port and starboard
- Stainless stemhead with two anchor platforms with rollers
- Stainless steel plate between the bow chock and the windlass for deck protection
- Primary and secondary anchors
- Split bow roller
- Solid stainless striker plate for bow protection
- 300′ of 3/8″ hi-tensile chain
- 300′ of 5/8″ anchor rode and 35′ of hi-tensile chain for secondary anchor
- Simpson 300 electric dinghy davits (330 kg Series 3)
- Salt water wash down pump for anchor wash down
- Fresh water deck wash down pump: R4525-743 Flojet MPV12-12V,S/E
- 32″ high 316 stanchions, 1-1/4″ in diameter with double lifelines
- Mamba steering system
- Twin Whitlock pedestal/wheel,custom teak wheels
- Stainless steel compass with 5″ binnacle, solid teak
- Stainless handrails on forward coachroof
- Radar pole with two antenna arrays and outboard lift.
- Extended stern pushpits to midship gates
- Side boarding ladder with port and starboard side mounting brackets
- Mainship 316 low profile hatches and ports for excellent ventilation
- Varnished teak double leaf fold up cockpit table with top access storage accommodating 10 guests, seated, includes custom stainless steel footrest and rope lighting around the base
- Stainless cowl vents on dorades
- Fresh water hot/cold shower on stern platform
- Fold down stainless stern swim ladder
- Stainless protective plate on hull’s stern
- Four heavy duty Wichard folding padeyes in cockpit (for lifeline hookup)
- Two optional 7″ x 14″ cockpit opening ports
- Two additional port lights 7″ x 14″ helm, stbd/port
- Two 12v outlets, one each forward end of cockpit
- LED lights for stern steps
- Drop-in liferaft storage in lazarette
- Pedestals modified to fit new Raymarine Wide Series. Throttle controls at each helm.
- Sail locker forward, wider design
- Cockpit storage areas have teak fiddles as standard
- Stainless thruster guards installed for port and starboard thruster controls
- Single quick disconnect deck fitting for salt and freshwater washdown
- LED LOPO running lights at the bow and stern
- 13 AB hard bottom inflatable with 25 hp electric start Yamaha
- Selden aluminum mainmast with inmast furling, 2013
- Selden Furlex hydraulic forestay and staysail furlers
- Navtec rod rigging, 2013
- Running rigging, 2013
- Navtec boom vang,
- All sheets to the aft cockpit will not interfere with the seating area of the cockpit
- Halyard bails on forward dorades
Sails & Canvas
All sails by Doyle, built for world cruising specifications and include tell tales and oversized heavy duty sail bags:
- Spectra Carbon radial cut Rollaway main
- 135% Roller furling genoa, Marblehead Dacron with UV Dacron leech suncover, 2013
- Roller furling staysail, Marblehead Dacron with UV Dacron leech suncover
- Cockpit Bimini and companionway dodger with larger diameter stainless steel pipes. Includes clear connector panel from Bimini to top of the dodger. Bimini includes two full sets of removable zippered side panels (screens and isinglass) to enclose the cockpit
- Cockpit cushions
Spacious raised main salon with side and forward windows to maximize natural light and visibility. Large U shaped settee on port side with 4′ x 5′ dining table with cabinet in base. Table base/cabinet is 30″ long and 20″ wide, accessed from starboard side. Two built in chairs to starboard with coffee table with cabinet between.
- Continuous handrails on forward saloon below fixed ports
- Passageway door from main saloon to forward guest cabins
- Built in Avanti wine cooler
- 32″ TV to starboard on Inca electric lift
- Outboard of TV lift is a bookshelf. Lower sections of bookshelf have a removable fiddle
- ULine icemaker with stainless face aft of port seating
- AC vents face inboard similar to vent at forward end portside
- Built in custom lounge chairs to starboard . Back and base of chairs lift for access to storage.
- Forward starboard shelf cabinet is liquor cabinet.
- Two speed fans on forward bulkhead outboard
Navigation station with forward facing desk with swing out seat located aft of the starboard salon seating. Desk has lifting top and opening for computer storage, with an open shelf forward and outboard filing cabinet underneath. Electronics and radios are flush mounted. Electrical breaker panels, monitor gauges and switch consoles.
- Raymarine E120 W Color chart plotter
- ICOM 604 and 504 backup VHF
- ICOM 802 SSB with Pactor Modem
- WEMA tank level gauges for fuel and water
The galley on Archangel is a U shaped design to maximize counter and storage space. There are inboard and outboard Corian counters with double routed fiddles and state of the art appliances. The arrangement is very safe for offshore sailing and and will please the most demanding gourmet chef at anchor or at sea.
- Frigoboat refrigeration and freezer system, stainless boxes with keel cooled and air cooled compressor units
- Freezer and refrigeration drain lines plumbed to gray water tank with check valves
- U Line icemaker between forward end of galley and aft end of port salon seating
- Force 10 propane stove with oven and broiler
- Xintex propane monitor
- Stainless double sinks
- Manual freshwater back up pump
- Galley cabinets are raised panel doors with similar raised panel design
- Sink drains increased to 1 1/2″ diameter
- Access panel full width into engine room from under sink to allow portside engine access
Master Cabin & Head
The signature feature is the king centerline berth with custom mattress. Berth base is lifting design with dual heavy duty lifting arms to access storage space and systems. 5″ shelves on port and starboard side of berth. There are drawers and hanging lockers port and starboard, with split cabinet door and three removable shelves to starboard, and additional cabinet to port.
- Built-in bureau with wide drawers and custom recess in bulkhead above for flat screen TV
- Vanity to port with lifting top and mirror with wide drawer above split cabinet doors and single cabinets at forward and aft ends
- TV mounted on forward bulkhead
Spacious head design with larger shower stall forward
- Raritan Sea Fresh electric freshwater head with tank tender and electric discharge
- Corian counters
- Linen closet outboard in shower stall with two removable shelves
Guest Cabins & Heads
Forward Guest Cabin
Forward cabin has double berth, lifting base design with split cabinets in front and adjoining tables.
- Additional hatch overhead aft end of cabin
- Portside hanging locker with louvered double doors and settee in front
- All outboard cabinets are enclosed
- Starboard side has upper and lower cabinets with shelf. Upper cabinet has two removable shelves, below has three drawers.
- Ocean Air concealed hatch screen shade.
- Additional speakers in forward and third portside cabin (2 pairs)
- Two fans at aft end of berth
Portside Guest Cabin
Full queen Pullman style double berth, 64″ wide.
- Cabinet next to berth at berth height
- Hanging locker forward of berth
- Additional 110v outlet (2 standard)
- Mirror mounted on aft end bulkhead next to berth above cabinet
- Ocean Air concealed hatch screen shade.
There are two heads forward with shower stall between.
- Raritan Sea Fresh electric fresh water heads with tank tender and electric discharge
- Fold down shower seat
- Solid stall doors
- GFI 110AC outlets in each forward head
- Teak grates for shower
Starboard Crew Quarters
Upper/lower berths with hanging locker located forward of berths and drawers below lower berth. Wider berths, 34″ at the widest part for both upper and lower berths. Mirror mounted on inboard cabin side of head door.
- Crew head with telephone style shower
- Raritan Sea Fresh electric freshwater head with tank tender and electric discharge
Cockpit electronics, radio and controls at each of twin helm pedestals:
- Raymarine E120W color chartplotter
- ST6000 autopilot control
- Bow thruster control
- Command mic (repeaters to primary VHF)
- Single lever engine control
- ST60 multi display
Forward end of cockpit:
- ST60 speed, depth and wind information displayed in console above companionway
- Raymarine E120W adjacent to the companionway entrance
- Entertainment package including multiple flat screen TVs, Bose audio equipment with Surround Sound
- 32″ TV with Inca lift on starboard side of main salon
- 19″ Samsung TV in forward guest cabin
- 12 volt and 24 volt DC systems with breaker panel
- 110 volt AC system with breaker panel
- Northern Lights 12KW AC generator (appx: 2000 hrs)
- Mastervolt AGM batteries for all banks
- Isolation Transformer 15KVA 120/240V 50/60HZ for European conversion
- Two 50V 220/125A shorepower connections
- Mastervolt 100 amp battery charger for forward cabin 24V
- Mastervolt 100 amp battery charger for aft cabin 24V
- 4000 watt Mastervolt inverter charger (100 amps)
- Imtra Xenon 24v/50W UW lights
- 110AC outlets with watertight connection in stern garage
- Two (2) 3″ copper strips bow to stern, port and starboard for grounding
- Bonding strap for SSB ground plane
- Dimmers for saloon and owner’s cabin
- Night LED lights to be installed along corridor to aft cabin
- All fans 2 speed
- Upgrade to larger Yanmar 260 HP with electronic engine controls
- Morse single lever control system to protect against high RPM gear shifting
- Three engine room lights
- Sundown insulation in engine room, 2″ vinyl/foam composite
- Fireboy MA2-450 engine room fire extinguisher with remote activation in both cockpit and Nav area
- Cruise Air Reverse Cycle AC with four compressor units and digital controls. 65,000 BTU total.
- Sea Recovery 75 gph/1800 gpd water maker
- Dual Racor fuel filtration system allowing independent filter and bypass
- Electric oil change pump for engine, generator and transmission
- Shaft size: Aqualoy 22, 2″ shaft diameter with MOD III shaft brake
- Variprop propeller
- PSS shaft seal
- Lewmar Mamba rack/pinion steering system and 1/2 HP, 24V, autopilot drive unit
- Home size separate washer and dryer
- General Ecology Seagull X6 multiple line water filter
- Seagull filter plumbed to faucet of each head and to a dedicated spigot at galley sink
- Head Hunter water pumps for fresh and salt water
- Frigoboat refrigeration system: Two (2) MS 130R refrigerators
- Freezer system, keel cooled
- Vacuflush heads with electric flush and tank tenders
- Bilge pumps: 2 16A Rule Bilge pumps 24V/3700 GPH
- Jabsco bilge blower 4″ 12V X 2 each
- One (1) Jabsco Par-Max 4, 24V for stern lazarette
- Emergency steering with rudder post squared off for emergency tiller
- Raw water strainer to engine: ARG-1250 Groco water strainer 1-1/4″
- Walborough in-line fuel pump with engine bypass for filtration
- Eighteen (18) gallon hot water heater
- All through hull fittings are bronze with seacocks or valves and bonded
- Fresh water pumps (2)
- Water capacity: 390 gallons
- Fuel capacity: 700 gallons
- Two independent 45 gallon holding tanks
- All tanks have easy access for inspection /cleaning and are baffled
- WEMA gauges for fuel and water tanks
- Winslow 8 man liferaft in valise stored in aft deck locker in custom box in starboard lazarette
- MOM module
- Throw ring
- Jack lines
- Everything for sailing offshore including USCG required equipment
Archangel, a 2011 state of the art Hylas 70 (hull #10), is one of the most high-quality performance cruising yachts to be delivered to the east coast in recent years. She has everything to ensure maximum enjoyment and comfort under sail or in port.
ARCHANGEL had a grounding incident in Maine in 2013. Her carbon fiber mast failed just above the gooseneck. The boat was freed within hours and taken under her own power to the nearby Wayfarer Boat Yard in Camden, Maine. There was no water intrusion and minor hull damage. After two surveys and comprehensive thermal imaging of ARCHANGEL, repairs were made at the Maine yard. When repairs were completed by Wayfarer, the yacht was powered to Annapolis where a New Selden aluminum mast and rigging were installed by M Yacht Service. Final inspections and offshore passages to and from the Caribbean have confirmed normal operation and performance.